You are viewing internal jobs at CoWorx Staffing. View our primary job board.
AP Accountant - Watchung, NJ
Watchung, NJ 07069
CoWorx, an established leader in the $145 Billion commercial staffing industry is seeking a dynamic, motivated accounting professional to join our growing team as an AP Accountant. For the right individual, this represents an opportunity to develop your career with a company that is known across the industry for the quality of our customer service. Our culture is one of transparency, honesty, respect, collaboration, fiscal responsibility and customer service to ourselves, our customers and the communities in which we operate. If you enjoy being part of an elite team, have a passion for winning, and want an opportunity to grow your career, then CoWorx is the place for you. We truly believe that “Together, We’re Better”.
The AP Accountant will ensure accurate processing and recording of vendor invoices for (90+) business locations throughout the US.
- Responsible for Accounts Payable, Cash Disbursement and month end functions
- Ensure accuracy in the coding of all invoices, including rents, bills from electricity, water, taxes, miscellaneous expenses, etc.
- Organize accounting tasks which will include management of general ledger, record books, accounts payable journals and project accounting books
- Manage workload to ensure all vendor invoices are processed in a timely and accurate manner, and all deadlines are met
- Follow policy and procedures to improve efficiency.
- Manage the monthly closing process by assuring all expense are recorded in the appropriate period, all accruals are booked, accounts payable account is reconciled and assist with account analysis
- Manage setup and maintenance of the accounts payable system, assuring that all new vendors are properly set up and maintained in the vendor master file
- Oversee the preparation and processing of checks, wire transfers and ACH payments and that all payments are approved, signed and disbursed timely
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
- 2+ years of related experience
- Experience working with GAAP and Great Plains accounting software a must
- Strong personal computer and business solutions software skills
- Proficiency with MS Excel a must
- Strong interpersonal (verbal and written) communication skills.
- Ability to communicate with various levels of management.
CoWorx is a growing staffing solutions company with over 90 locations nationwide partnering with clients to provide staffing and payroll solutions for their workforce needs for administrative, call center, light industrial, distribution, 3PL, and luxury beauty/fragrance work.