You are viewing internal jobs at CoWorx Staffing. View our primary job board.
Leave & Disability Specialist - Watchung, NJ
Watchung, NJ 07069
Leave & Disability Specialist
CoWorx, an established leader in the $145 Billion commercial staffing industry is seeking a dynamic, motivated Human Resources professional to join our growing team as a Leave & Disability Specialist. For the right individual, this represents an opportunity to develop your career with a company that is known across the industry for the quality of our customer service. Our culture is one of transparency, honesty, respect, collaboration, fiscal responsibility and customer service to ourselves, our customers and the communities in which we operate. If you enjoy being part of an elite team, have a passion for winning, and want an opportunity to grow your career, then CoWorx is the place for you. We truly believe that “Together, We’re Better”.
The Leave and Disability Specialist areas of primary focus: (1) Effectively oversees and administers the entire end to end leave of absence process and ensures accurate compliance with all federal regulations related to family medical leave, Americans with Disabilities Act, military, personal leave, short-term and long-term disability. (2) Provides coaching, guidance and advice to managers, employees and HR Business Partners relative to leave claims/requests, modified work schedules, return to work and timely completion of required paperwork.
- Interprets and administers leave programs and policies in accordance with the applicable federal and state employment laws (FMLA, ADA, USERRA, Pregnancy Discrimination Act, etc.)
- Assists employees with leave of absence requests and guides them through the process
- Prepare and process all leave Leave/ADA paperwork according to established procedures and laws
- Review Leave/ADA claims and advise employees and managers on complying with the ADA standards and assisting them in determining eligibility and reasonable accommodation
- Serves as internal subject matter expert on ADA, state and federal FMLA policies, Short and Long-Term
- Disability Policies. Provides training and education in these areas as needed.
- Work with third party administrator to resolve employee leave and disability issues as appropriate
- Serve as an escalation resource and subject matter expert for complex leave and disability issues
- Ensure accuracy, confidentiality and security of information being processed, stored or accessed
- Bachelor’s degree strongly preferred
- 3-5 years of Leave of Absence and Disability administration experience preferred
- Knowledge of federal and state leave laws, disability programs, and FMLA
- Excellent customer service, and team-oriented skills
- Exceptional Customer Service through professionalism, ownership and initiative
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), Outlook, and Internet Explorer
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Ability to handle strictly confidential information
- Ability to perform job responsibilities with a minimum of supervision
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task to handle quickly shifting priorities
CoWorx is a growing staffing solutions company with over 90 locations nationwide partnering with clients to provide staffing and payroll solutions for their workforce needs for administrative, call center, light industrial, distribution, 3PL, and luxury beauty/fragrance work.