You are viewing internal jobs at CoWorx Staffing. View our primary job board.
On-Site Manager Staffing
On-Site Manager Job Description
- Oversees and manages the organization’s recruitment and staffing functions
- Develops and maintains client relationships
- Attend production and client meetings and participate in employees appreciation events
- Overseeing, mentoring and training of the office staff, and manage the daily operations
- Leading the office team in staffing and recruitment. Creating flyers to promote recruiting
- Following and maintaining operation procedures
- Interacts with client to determine needs and to ensure needs have been met
- Reviewing applications, screening and interviewing applicants, matching qualified candidates to jobs, and providing permanent or temporary placement of qualified candidates for required job assignments
- Educate and guide office staff in recruiting best practices and strategies, legal requirements, and company interviewing guidelines
- Ensured consistent corporate image throughout recruiting campaigns
- Sourced potential candidates through all applicable means, including cold calling, internet posting and search, networking, employee referrals, community-based partnerships, etc….developed job descriptions
- Administered and scored office staffing and evaluated skills, abilities, compatibility, and availability
- Monitor hiring of temporary assignments, work location, person to whom they will report, working environment, essential job functions, work schedule, pay rate, client GMP procedures and all other applicable information
- Monitored and recorded employee(s) performance and provides necessary feedback and documentations
- Provided employee counseling and appropriate disciplinary action to correct performance problems and researched
- Interviewing and hiring of the proper Field Employees for our Client needs and requirements
- Reviewing the Field Employee’s application for compete and with compliance of the I9, and entering information
- Over seeing the proper compliance and file of the applications, EEO, medical, workers compensation and personnel records
- Providing ongoing support to our Field Employees by addressing complaints, reinforced safety procedures and attendance issues
- Interviewing and documenting of all incidents and accident per our and Client’s requirement. Posting of a monthly safety board for Field Employees. Monitoring safety issues on a daily basis walking the plant and safety meeting.
- Monitoring and ensuring excellent production customer service by providing the daily review and adjustments of hours in arrival and ending time and attendance
- Assisting client with workforce concerns and needs in departments
- Updating daily, weekly and monthly reports
- Handling confidential information in a professional and discreet manner
- Processing the payroll and the monitoring of the proper distribution of the Field Employee’s weekly payroll checks. Completing Weekly Billing Invoices and Month End Estimates.
- Counseling, disciplining and terminating Field Employees which do not meet standers
- Responsible for ordering and keep inventory of all office and safety supplies
- Other duties may be assigned
Must possess excellent communication skills. Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously in a fast paced environment, proficient with MS Word and Excel and have a High school diploma or equivalent is required.
CoWorx Staffing Services, established in 1974, is ranked within the top 65 staffing firms in the US. We provide client-specific staffing solutions, designed to maximize productivity and profitability. CoWorx supplies quality employees for temporary, temporary-to-hire, direct hire and payrolled positions for all levels of Administrative, Professional, Technical and Light Industrial.